Hawk Creek Watershed Project
Best Management Practices
Reduced Tillage Cost-Share Now Available for 2023
Cover Crop Cost-Share Now Available for 2023
The HCWP and Renville County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) are offering cost-share for reduced tillage and for cover crops in 2023. See guidelines below.
HCWP offers a variety of conservation practices that are eligible for cost-share assistance. We have funding available for all of the Hawk Creek Watershed and the Renville County portion of the Middle Minnesota Watershed to cost-share on BMP projects that have a water quality benefit (see maps under About Us tab). Give us a call and we can help come up with a plan to fix water quality and erosion problems on your land.
Here's a few examples of BMPs:
- Cost-share up to 75% not to exceed $500/open intake replacement
- Examples of types of alternative intakes include:
- Rock or Blind Intake: This design involves digging a trench, placing drainage tile in the bottom, and filling the trench with small rock. The
advantage of this system is that it can be farmable.
- Hickenbottom Intake: This technique involves replacing an open intake with a perforated riser.
- For more information on alternative intakes, click here.
Ditch Bank Side Inlets
- A structure used to control the grade and head cutting primarily on ditch banks.
- A basin constructed to collect and store debris or sediment.
Other projects eligible for cost-share assistance include:
ag-waste projects, feedlot upgrades, grassed waterways, livestock exclusions, rain gardens, retention ponds, terraces, wetland restorations, shoreline restorations, and other qualifying projects that improve water quality and reduce erosion.
Click here to download a HCWP Conservation Practice Cost-Share Contract.
Click here to download a HCWP Cost-Share Voucher Form.